Monday, August 4, 2014

Chairs, chairs, chairs

At my new favorite thrift shop, they sell chairs for $6.99!! I have not left without a chair yet...oops :) 


The first one was a light oak color. Again, I do need to remember to take before pictures!

First I gave it a light sand, it was pretty clean and smooth. Then I sprayed Rust-Oleum's primer to see how it covered the light oak color. It took about 2 coats to cover everything.


Then I sprayed it with Rust-Oleum's Stone Gray. It goes on a little lighter, so wait for it to dry between coats to get a feel for the true color. 


It goes on looking a little lighter, so wait until it dries to see the final color.


I displayed it at the yard sale and got a little interest in it! 
For now, it's sitting in a corner of the dining room. I may try to antique it a little, thoughts? 


Happy Finding!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment