Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Milk Glasses

Thanks for Ruffled's post about spray painting milk glasses! I was so excited to try it. At the same great thrift store I got the books from, I bought a few clear glass vases from $0.99 to $1.49 each. (Still working #iphoneonly. Sidekick did not cross off everything on his vacation to-do list)


The steps were very clear on Ruffled's blog. I used Rust-Oleum's paint and primer in one in Gloss White. I do suggest waiting longer than the can says. It took a while for the paint to dry on the glass. On Ruffled's blog, they say to spray at a distance so there would be no drips- which is an important tip!

I sprayed the smooth one first because I was scared of the patterns! It turned out perfectly and I instantly wanted to keep it and change the whole look of our front hallway (of course!). 

I started with the vase turned upside down, and gave it at least 4 coats total. 



                              The patterned ones weren't so scary!

 

Here is the new front hallway. I am sure the cats will knock it over if I put flowers or any sort of modern looking grass in the vase, so I opted for the minimalist look. 




After I became comfortable with painting the glasses, I went to town with the others I bought. 



I think they looked great at my table at the local flea. Not a lot of interested buyers, but I better sell some quick before I think of a creative way to use them all in the house! 


Happy finding!
-C


No comments:

Post a Comment